Please choose your prefered country or region:
"We can already conduct low-carbon transports today"
- The goods reach the port and are handled by a fully electric crane.
- On-carriage transport is carried out by inland waterway or rail.
- The Rhenus warehouse is accessed by electric truck or overhead hybrid truck.
- Many Rhenus warehouses, such as the one in Tilburg, are built and equipped in a sustainable manner.
- Some employees reach their workplace by job bike.
- Some of the goods are brought to the airport by CEP service providers who ship climate-neutrally.
- Consignments can be sent by an aircraft whose route has been determined to be particularly climate-friendly on the basis of RHEGREEN.
Editor: Finally, the question of the integration of the acquired companies and locations. How will they fit into the overall picture of the Rhenus Group in the future?
Thilo Streck: The Rhenus Group basically follows the approach of the local entrepreneur. This means that Rhenus sites are managed by strong site managers or managing directors, as they have been in the past. Rhenus thus offers LOXX employees long-term employment prospects. For the foreseeable future, both the independence of the LOXX Group and the name will remain. Possible cross-location optimisation potentials will be examined in the course of the next period or will automatically result from the cooperation between the locations and their employees in day-to-day business.